Thursday, December 29, 2011

Feelin Happy

Last night I spent the night cooking and normally that would stress me out beyond belief but for the first time in a while I felt happy while doing it. I wasn't getting a grade and I wasn't following instructions I just got to have fun and do what I wanted. I made dozens of cake pops and started on a pretty cake for my sisters farewell.
For the first time in a while I remembered why I'm going to school and why I chose to do what I am doing. I love making pastry's and cakes and making them all look pretty. Im not saying I am an expert by any means but its been a while since I had a minute to just have fun while I bake. (the cricut cake machine didn't hurt either lol)
School gets so stressful it is so hard , I think some people think I am just  a lunch lady or something...... Have you seen master chef or hells kitchen? Ya chefs really do get on your butt like that. The one good thing is it is also a school, so chef j might get on your butt (but that's to help train us too) but she also teaches and gives you a solution.
Needless to say I was alone in my quiet kitchen and just felt happy with what I was doing it was a lot of fun......I actually had fun in my kitchen I can't help but smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment